fredag 12. oktober 2012

"The Perfect Cold War Tone"

TINKER TAYLOR SOLDIER SPY



Year: 2011
Country: United Kingdom/France/Hungary
Language: English/French/Russian/Hungarian
Number: 1096
Director: Tomas Alfredson
Starring: Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Mark Strong, John Hurt
Oscar nominations: Best Actor (Gary Oldman), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Musical Score

Tomas Alfredson's adaption of the famous John le Carré novel Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. This is the story about the British Intelligence (Internally known as the circus) where the old top agent and acting chief George Smiley (Gary Oldman) have to clean up the mess from his deceased boss, Control (John Hurt) who have suspension of a double agent in the circus, who's been there for years. Every one is a suspect.

Well I haven't read the book, but I am familiar with le Carré's books, and I can see why the film is what it is, because most of the plot evolves inside the characters heads. But in this case it's kind of slow down the film, and it feel a little long, but at the same time you can almost hear the sprocket-wheels rotating inside Smiley's brain while he's thinking. Gary Oldman delivers what must be his life performance, he's totally convincing with his new look that doesn't look any think like him. The rest of the cast is also pretty strong. And the feeling of a on going cold war is clear. The possibility of war is still there.

Why do I give it a grade of three stars when I give this film so much good feedback? Because it felt to slow, and some times I felt some thing didn't happened. I tell you what I do; I read the book and then re-watch it. But for now I give it a marginal thumbs up.


Grade: C+

You can read all my reviews on:

Ingen kommentarer: